Sunday, June 17, 2012

Week Away From Home

These past few weeks have sure been busy for us and the dogs. June 9th, Josh and I tied the knot. And of course my lil fur babies were included! Lola was our flower girl and Graham was our ring bear.
Graham as the ring bearer
Lola as the flower girl
I'm still waiting for wedding photos so I'll have to post better pics when they come but for now I have pics of them modeling the flower and bow tie after they arrived int he mail. I will say, everyone was worried about the dogs but besides a few growls, a sneeze, and Graham trying to eat my dress during the ceremony they did just as wonderful as I thought they would. A Lola wasn't so innocent, she tried to bite a bead off my dress earlier in the day when no one was looking.

The plan was for the dogs to go straight home with my parents and 6:30am Sunday morning Josh and I were to leave for Jamaica. Well we left for Jamaica....we just never made it. After staying up all night and arriving at the airport we found out our flight had been pushed back to 8:30 and while waiting Josh became sick and we had to cancel our trip. So we hung out with the pups and my parents on Sunday and decided the dogs should still go my parents and we would find something else to do. We spent a few days in Dubuque, IA and Galena, IL. Our first night away from the pups my mom sent me this pics to show me all dogs were doing well.

Tuckered out puppies. The third fluffy butt is Belle, she will get a post of her own soon enough
I think I did pretty good being away from the dogs! Before now we have never spent more then a night apart from each other. I missed them while at the hotel but once we got home it got a lil harder. It also made it bit a tougher since we missed Grahams birthday, but my mom made sure to celebrate it with him.
Happy 2nd Birthday Graham!
I will say, it was kind of nice not having them though. It was quite, no waking up early and standing outside, no being yelled at for food and water, and I could leave whatever I wanted where I wanted! Paper on the floor and open chip bags on the couch!

So we spent a couple dogless nights at the house, cleaned up the after wedding mess, put gifts away, and decided we just missed them way to dang much and had to pick them up! I was so excited to see them....more excited then I think they where!!! We came in my parents door and the barked at us like we were strangers and it took them a few seconds to realize who we where and the kisses and tail wags began! They must of have had a great time with grandma and grandpa and Belle because they have done nothing but sleep since being home! I'm glad to know though that when we do spend a week in Jamaica, they will do just fine without me.

The car ride home!



No comments:

Post a Comment