Monday, May 7, 2012

Bath Time


One would think Lola would be the most perfect little lap dog, and of course she is. Some how though, Lola has found a great love for being outdoors. Because of this love we sometimes have a stinky dog that needs a bath. We call it "swimming" at our house and even though we sure get excited to go swimming, no one likes it once we get in the tub! I will give my pups credit, they let me do what needs done without a fight. I just get little pouty faces and cold shoulders. The best part of bath time is how much the dogs can shrink!

Is that a rat? No! It's Lola!
As puppies, baths were givin the sink. Since moving we now have a larger sink that Lola fits into but I'm not sure Graham would stay in. So I fill the tub up and put em both in. Sometimes I like to fill it a lil extra full so Lola can swim around a bit.....I don't think she enjoys it as much as I do. I always giggle because Lola has turned into one of those dogs that will swim when you hold her above the water.

Graham's First Bath
The best part about bath time is drying off. If I'm lucky I can wrap one up in a towel and do nothing but cuddle until they are dry. Mainly though, I have two crazy dogs running around the house. I don't think you can describe how crazy they get to non-dog owners. Lola found something extra stinky in our yard last night and we had to have a bath time. I ended up with Lola bouncing off the front of the couch and graham dragging his belly in full circles around our living room. I think you can compare it to a sugar rush in a little kid. The craziness seems to last forever and ALWAYS brings me to belly laughs and tears! My parents visited with there dog this past weekend so last nights after-bath craziness must have taken all the energy they had left because they both found some blankets and pillows, curled up, and fell asleep while they finished drying.

Lola drying in blanket mountain.
I love giving baths to my pups and making them go "swimming". Someday I hope to get them to a lake, or even to the pool on doggie day, to see if they really like swimming.

Kiss Kiss




No comments:

Post a Comment