Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sleeping In


Sometimes it's hard to get up in the mornings. Sometimes I went to bed too late, sometimes it's the weather, and other times it's because I'm dealing with two fluffy cuddlers.

Cuddly Graham
Some days, I swear, they know exactly when my alarm is going to go off. They will sit on my pillow just waiting. The second I move its kisses and puppy tails wagging! Other mornings, I think they would hit the snooze button if they could. I've had mornings where Lola jumps when the alarm goes off. I've had mornings where one of the pups will barely lift their head and give me the sleepy, stank eye, and lay back down. And other mornings they simply don’t move an inch until I’m 100% out of bed. It’s nice on the weekends when they want to cuddle but it sure makes it hard to get out of bed to go to work when they are being little sweat hearts. 

Lola Laying on Me
Lola tends to normally sleep on my right side and graham enjoys Josh’s spot. Occasionally I’ll wake up to a dog attempting to take over my pillow. My favorite is when sleepy cuddling time moves from the bed downstairs to the couch.
Nap Time Belly Rub
Sometimes I'm Lucky to Sleep on the Pillow
Nap Time!
 The best time for cuddles is when it's slightly chilly. Some mornings I'll wake up to little puppy kisses on my face. That is Lola's signal for me to lift the blanket so she can cuddle up underneath. Graham has recently learned how to tuck himself in. Graham likes to find an opening in the blanket and then worm his way under it until his head pops out the opposite side he snuck in. I have woken up a good number of mornings to find graham perfectly tucked under the blankets and occasionally his head on Josh's pillow!

Graham Successfully Tucked In
I love my cuddle time with my pups. I hate how having to go to work sometimes cuts in with this time. Some people may go to work on the cloudy, rainy, gloomy days thinking "man my bed and blankets sound comfy right now". I go to work thinking "man my bed and blankets sound so comfy with my pups cuddled up with me!"







No comments:

Post a Comment