Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Start At The Beginning

So I've decided my dogs are to gosh darn cute to simply keep there adventures to short Facebook statues updates. After debating if I should jump right in on the blog I decided I would just start from the beginning with a simple introduction to my pups.

Lola


Lola is my lil baby. I don't even think of her as a dog, she is a real person. She is bossy and yells at me when her water dish is empty but is a teddy bear when she is sleepy. Lola was born on October 21, 2008 and is a Maltese. I actually put the deposit down on her the day she was born! She was my baby since day one! 

1 week old Lola

The ten weeks we waited to bring her home seemed to take forever but soon enough I was cradling the tiniest little puppy in the world! We were never told she was the runt of the litter but from her tiny size we are assuming she was. When I first held her in the car I asked her if she liked the name Lola and she crawled up my hoodie and gave me tiny little puppy kisses.

Puppy Lola

We've had our scares with Lola. As a puppy she was attacked by a Rottweiler at the dog park and when we brought Graham home we ran into some tummy issues and depression. Because of all of this Lola is quite content sitting on laps and isn't a fan of play dates with other pups. She's a smart dog and has a long list of tricks: Sit, lay down, stay, shake, spin, dance, and circle.....we may have to get into those on a later date :). Like I said, Lola is my lil baby girl and I would do anything in the world for her

Pretty Lola

Graham


Graham is the dog of the house. He is a Morkie, a Matlese and Yorkie mix. What Lola lacks in being a dog Graham more then makes up for. Graham as born on July 13, 2010. Unlike Lola we didn't have Graham picked out when we went to get a dog. At the time the breeder had two black Morkies and one Brown one on his website. We knew we were going to bring a dog home that day, just not sure which one. 

Sleepy Puppy Graham

When we arrived to pick out our dog we were greeted with a black Morkie and the brown Morkie. The black one sat in our arms and seemed calm and chill. The brown one was kissing us and was happy to see us and we just knew this excited lil guy not only had to come home with us, but wanted to come home with us! Little did we know that excitement was going to be a handful!

Graham and His Black Markings He Out Grew

When we first brought Graham home he had some cute black markings that disappeared after his first hair cut. Under his lil chin was a black line that looked like a smile, I was sad to see that one go. Graham has some differences from Lola. He is a bit more scared of new things, is more playful (could be due to age), and seems to get himself in more trouble! The first year we had him I went through three pairs of black flip flops because he learned how to climb our shoe rack. He was also able to somehow get out of a dog play pen while everyone was gone at work! Graham only knows how to sit and spin and can stay for awhile but don't think he isn't as smart as Lola. Sometimes  I think he gets himself in trouble because he's to smart for his own good. I've just learned to find ways to make sure he can stay entertained. 

Handsome Graham

Living with two dogs is sure one interesting adventure and I can't wait to share all my stories with you!





No comments:

Post a Comment