Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Air Swimming


When we lived at the loft all of our air registers were in the ceiling. I had longed to see what Lola would do with a blast of air coming at her from below. I had a tiny glance of it at my parent’s house during one visit but all that happened was a look of shock and then a loss of interest. When we bought our house and moved in I was excited! I was for sure something funny would happen or our dogs would enjoy warming up by them in the winter and cooling down on them in the summer. Six months in and our dogs acted like they haven’t even noticed the air registers and the blowing of warm of cold air coming from them! So the other day I took it upon myself to make them figure it out.

First I picked Graham up and put him over the air. He didn’t seem to mind it but was a bit unsure of what to do….odd behavior since this is the dog that pee’s when he sees new things! The end result was Graham in a superman pose as his fur fluffed in the wind and his ears seemed like little parachutes.

Second I picked up Lola. Again I was not met with shock or a terrified dog trying to wrestle out of my hands. Instead I was met with swimming. The second the air touched her belly Lola began to swim. I think I may have peed my pants from laughing! It was the last the thing I was expecting.

I gave the dogs a break for the day from teasing them with the air register. It only took a few days before my urge to take the dogs air swimming was too much to bear!

I picked up Graham, who is afraid of everything, seemed more annoyed then anything and began to slowly swim.

I then picked up Lola who dutifully began to swim. Lola seems to be an excellent swimmer and was kicking her little paws as best as she could. The lower to the ground I held her the faster she would kick!



Oddly both dogs don’t seem to mind our little air swimming times. We’ve done it a few times and I swear Lola barked at me to hold her over it one time! They don’t act scared of the air register at all, in fact they still just ignore it. And when they are swimming they don’t struggle to get away, they simply swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment