Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Welcome Home Lola.


Graham and I spent a quiet evening at home last night. It was pretty evident that Graham was missing Lola all night and it was odd doing things with just Graham and not Graham and Lola. I went to work this morning and told Graham to think positive so Lola could come home.
Graham missing Lola

I went to work and got things done hoping I could leave an hour or so early with hopes that Lola would be able to come home. Around 10:30 the vet called and said Lola was doing well enough to come home. I was so happy and to make things better my boss said I could go get her right away. I pointed out that no one would be in until 3 and that I would be ok waiting. After some talking we found someone to come in at 1 and I was told it was ok to bring Lola to work but to just keep her under the desk.
I went to the vet and was greeted with a sheet of “Instructions for Lola” that basically told me that she can’t do anything. Only outside to go potty, stay crated when no one is home, and no up and down steps. They then brought out Lola and I could tell she was happy to see me. I put her in my car and we went to work.
Lola's instructions and pain medication
I had worn Josh’s hoodie to work today because it was raining and I couldn’t find a coat of my own with a hood on it. I put the hoodie on the floor along with Lola’s blankie and she kept me company at work for a couple hours. I had to keep her hidden form the students but the mail man and office supply delivery guy gave her a few pets. She did surprisingly well under the desk to. Only a few barks and for the most part stayed lying down. She wanted held for a little bit but you could tell it was more comfortable for her to be on the floor then on my lap.
Lola hanging out and sleeping under my desk at work.
 
Lola and I were able to leave work and get home around 1. Normally I would lay on the couch with her but after watching her try to walk around and knowing she can’t go up and down I felt it best to just stay on the floor with her. So on the floor I have been all afternoon. I’ve napped on the floor with Lola, ate on the floor, and am watching TV and typing this sitting on the floor.
Camping out with Lola on the floor
I know when she was limping before that her limp was more evident while on the couch so I don’t want her to struggle more then she has to if she decides to move. She has done some walking but for the most part has been sleeping. I think the hardest part of this whole ordeal is dealing with her now. You can see in her face that she’s in pain but she is being one tough cookie. If I get up to go into the kitchen for a second I come back to find her standing a few feet from where I left her. I had her in her crate while Graham and I went on a walk and she wanted to come out when we got home but didn’t want to step over the lip in the crate to get out. After I helped her out of the crate I brought some food and water next to her so she didn’t need to go too far for any of it. She lay down by the bowls and I sat by the couch. It took her two tries, but she was able limp her way over so she could lay by me.
Hopefully we have a speedy recovery. We go back to the vet for a check up on Sept. 28th.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment