Tuesday, October 15, 2013

ACL Surgery Recovery Week 4


Well folks, we hitting the half way mark with Lola's ACL surgery. Thank Goodness!!!! She is getting to be a handful! Sunday night I ran into the trunk we had set up to block her from going down the stairs. It's turning into a lovely bruise. This morning she managed to sneak around the trunk, make her way down the stairs, and take a morning nap at the bottom of the stairs while I got ready for work.

Although she is feeling better and seems to have loads of energy again we are still noticing a limp. I think it's just getting stiff when she falls asleep and I also feel like this cold weather may have something to do with. I'm keeping an eye on it to make sure we don't need to see the vet.

I am ready to get her groomed. I know we are nearing the time period that the vet said it would be ok but I'm still feeling uneasy. She's starting to get a bit stinky but I'm to worried to even give her a bath. It's not so much the bath that worries me but the risk of crazy wet dog at the bath. There are two post bath Lola's. Post bath Lola 1  will let me carry her and cuddle her like a newborn baby swaddled up in her towel. Post bath Lola 2 turns into crazy wet dogs and freaks out around the house. I'm worried she'll turn into Post bath Lola 2 and hurt herself while freaking out around the house. I feel like this is one of t hose things where I'm going to have to suck it up and do it sooner then later. She is also getting some good eye buggies and isn't letting me fix them for her.

This seems like such a short updated but as the weeks go by I have less and less to report on. I feel like within the first few weeks we jumped over most of the hurdles and now we are just waiting for the vet to say all is good and healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment