Tuesday, October 22, 2013

ACL Surgery Recovery Week 5



I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel!!! I'm getting sad that our vet visit was pushed back a week because I'm anxious to see what he has to say about her process so far. also excited that in a few more weeks things might slowly be getting back to normal for us. She has already showed us she can go up and down stairs. She tried to jump off the couch the other day and that is still a worry of mine, even after she is back to normal. Boy-oh-boy is my butt sore from sitting on the floor for the past 5 weeks though.

We are still seeing some limping, but not to the degree that it was before. The plus side is even though there is a bit of a limp, her energy is back to normal. Another thing I have started to notice is her kicking her leg straight back when she lays down, or sometimes kicking it out when she sits. She was slightly doing these things prior to the surgery so I'm not sure if this is habit for her now, a sign of something, or just a weird nonrelated issue.

Kicking her leg out

I also feel bad for my poor little girl and her "nakie leg". Her fur has slightly grown out but compared to the rest of her, it's naked! We woke up this morning to snow!! Debating on cutting a sock up to put on her leg to help keep her warm since sweaters only cover her front half.

Nakie Leg

No comments:

Post a Comment